Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Sock it to me!

I have a secret new addiction. Knitted socks. I'm taking a class now, and this is my progress so far:


(Lorna's Laces Shepherds Sock, in Amethyst Stripe)

This is the first sock just past the heel. Thank God I have small feet (like, I can wear children's shoes sometimes small) so I can start on the second one soon.


I'm loving this. I had no idea socks would be this easy, or this addicting. I stocked up on some more Shepherds Sock and Cherry Tree Hill at Knit Happens anniversary sale this weekend, along with a lot of other booty.

I've been searching the web for some funky sock yarns to feed my addiction, and it's amazing to see what's out there. I'm in awe of all the cool self striping yarns and yarns that create their own fair isle patterns. How do they know to create things like this?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You bet I did - on all of the SnB books! And I *may* have been inspired to take up crochet.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home