Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Finished!



I did it! I finished while watching the closing ceremonies Sunday night. I lost way to much time this weekend since my folks were in. We had a great time seeing the sites around town, and I did get more knitting in then I expected, but once they left Sunday I put in a huge final push. I started to worry Sunday evening when DH was too sick to go grocery shopping, leaving me to do it myself, but I still managed. Once it was all over I understood why athletes always collapse once they cross the finish line. One wrist ached, the other elbow hurt, and my lower back was killing me.

The experience was worth all the pain. The feeling I had as I bound off the last stitches was unbelievable. Despite having a goal, I really didn't think I'd make it, especially as the end neared.

The pattern is wonderful. The straight sections do get to be a bit much after a while, but it (obviously) does knit up pretty quickly. The yarn was awful. I must have had a lapse of sanity when I ordered, because the cotton was such a pain (literally and figuratively). It had no give to it, making all those increases really difficult. That said, I've already lined up yarn (Lorna's Laces Lion and the Lamb) to make one for myself, since this one is going to my mother.

A few more pictures


detail of the drop stitches


and more dropped stitches.

hehe! I'm an Olympian!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home