Sunday, February 05, 2006

Inch by Inch, Row by Row

In a previous life I taught Hebrew School. Every year for the holiday of Tu B'Shevat, the new year of the trees, we would have the kids sing a song with the refrain "Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow." According to a google search the song is The Garden Song, and is attributed to either Arlo Guthrie or John Denver, obviously not as a Tu B'Shevat song.

I mention this for two reasons: 1. since it is February my spidey (or should that be Princessey? or yarney?) senses tell me Tu B'Shevat must be soon. It is - February 12. (Make a note to buy some carob chips and trail mix next weekend) And, reason 2. I've been working on this scarf for DH for a month now. The song describes how my WIP is going - inch by inch, row by row.

The pattern is the Unisex Scarf from the September 05 Creative Knitting, made in Peru DK Luxury. It's a lovely pattern and masculine enough for the Prince. But alas, our Princess is fickle and her project ADHD is setting in. I've secured the Princes' consent to work intermittently on this, but I honestly just wish the Knitting Elves would come in the middle of the night and knit it for me! I've also unofficially resolved to finish all my projects this year.

The pattern is a diagonal rib which has a really cool effect, but it means that every row is a variation on 2x2 rib. Every two stitches I have to purl (ok, considering my selection for the Knitting Olympics this is probably a good thing, less to trip me up with a time constraint, but it's still a pain in the @$$).

I've set a goal with myself to finish the ball I'm currently working on by Friday(trust me, it's not a lot of yarn). I want to go into the Olympics with a clean conscious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home